Monday, October 10, 2011

Post Surgery - Day 4

10/9/11
Mylah met two new goals today!
She had her chest tube taken out. It was draining any fluid that remained around her heart. They say it is the most painful part post-surgery and having it removed is a relief! They said she did really well and they were sure to give her Morphine before hand.

Mylah also had her nasal cannula removed. She is now breathing without help from oxygen!
Isn't she beautiful without all of those tubes?!
Our sweet nurse Laura text me and let me know that we could now bring clothes for Mylah to wear because all of her tubes were removed!
I didn't look at the size of the onsie I had brought and realized it was a 3 to 6 month one. We laughed because it drowned her, but she wore it anyway.
We bundled her up and she sat there wide awake enjoying time with Mommy and Daddy!
Later I tried to breast feed her and she didn't seem interested. She doesn't really like bottles either so we think she was just tired. But Daddy was finally able to get her to eat. She was set at the limit of 65 mL's each feeding. That is a little over 2 ounces and she loved it!

We are overwhelmed with the blessings we have received. Mylah has progressed swiftly and better than any of the doctors predicted. She is our little fighter and one amazing baby girl. We are hoping to bring her home soon, but again it is all up to our sweet princess. She decides when she is ready. We pray it is soon!
Thank you all again for reading her blog, praying for her, and for supporting our family. Prayers are answered and we are blessed.

12 comments:

  1. Oh Lara! She is beautiful!! I'm glad she is making progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job Mylah!!! So glad she is doing so amazing!!! She is just beautiful!!! I LOVE the first picture of her ~ she looks like she's posing for the picture!!!! SO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am visiting from a post from Designer Blogs - just had to see for myself this beautiful little girl. Best wishes for a very,very speedy trip to your home and her new life. She really is a strikingly beautiful baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, progress is good. Chest tubes are incredibly painful. I had one post surgery also and ive never felt better having it removed. I'm so glad she is doing so well and that you are holding up well. Your family will continue to be in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of her with her daddy! She is so beautiful and I a, so happy that she is doing so well! I can't imagine what you guys have been going through, but you guys are awesome and the best parents for her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lara i am so glad she is doing so well. what a flippinf roller coaster you've been on. please let me know what i can do to help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is just beautiful Lara! what a blessing. So glad she is a fighter... We will keep you all in our prayers. Thank you for sharing your beautiful baby with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lara, she is so beautiful. I love how alert she is. You are gonna have some trouble when she gets older, because she is one pretty little lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love reading her progress and how well she is doing, I am so happy for you and your little princess. She is such a little beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking at the pictures of Neil feeding her, you would never have any clue what she has been through! What a miracle! I am so happy to hear that she is doing so well!! Hopefully she gets to come home soon. So happy for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really very happy for you...Your daughter is jus adorable! May god bless

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm amazed at how good her scar is already looking! Her coloring looks great too! So glad to hear she's doing so well! Here's hoping for a quick homecoming! :)

    ReplyDelete

MRI

Today Mylah had an MRI to map out what we will do in the near future for her heart health. Currently her left ventricle is slightly ...